Monday 4 January 2016

Chapter 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Birthday gifts from my blood brother

     It was already 7.00 am when I got up and I only had another 30 minutes to get dressed and go to school. I got dressed in 10 minutes and grabbed an apple from the fridge. Unexpectedly, I remembered the tattoo which appeared on my collarbone last night and was curious to have a look at it. As soon as a reached my room door, I heard someone knocking the front door. I skipped the thought of having a look at my tattoo for a little  and reached the front door to check who knocked instead. Stephen was standing outside the door with a neatly wrapped box and a blue coloured envelope in his hand. He greeted me with a 'good morning' and asked permission to come inside the house. I granted him access after thinking for a while since I didn't want to ignore the only person who is with me for my birthday except my best friend Tris.
     Stephen stepped inside and gave me a tight bear hug. He stepped aside after a few minutes and talked "Happy Birthday to you Tiffany. I'm proud to be your brother and if mom and dad were here they would be proud of you too." As soon as those words escaped his lips I saw him regretting what he just said. I was shocked and my body goes numb, I quickly leaned to the wall for a support. I realized that Seff's smile was all gone and it was replaced with an unreadable look. He sighed and continue to talk. "I know that you are shocked and have so many questions without answers but now it's not the time for that. I'll explain everything to you later. Please trust me on this. By the way I forgot to give your gift" He handed me the box and the envelope. "Sis, this is a letter you should read. It will give you answers to a few of your unanswered questions, but don't read it now. We are already running out of time to go school. Come, I'll give you a ride to the school." With that, we got into his bike and drove off.

No comments:

Post a Comment